- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Solicitor Manchester Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
Alex joined JMW in June 2017 and spent two years working as a Paralegal in the Commercial Litigation department before starting his Training Contract in September 2019.
After being named Manchester’s Trainee of the Year at the 2021 Manchester Legal Awards, Alex qualified as a Solicitor in JMW’s Private Client department in September 2021, with specialist experience in:
- Drafting Wills and Trusts;
- Preparing advice relating to Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax mitigation;
- Considering mental capacity issues and the preparation of Powers of Attorney;
- Estate Administration;
- Advising on claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and grounds for challenging the validity of the Will.
In addition to his role at JMW, Alex was the Chair of Manchester Trainee Solicitors Group (MTSG) in 2020/21, having previously been MTSG’s Social Director for 2 years. Alex now sits as Social Director on the Manchester Young Solicitors Group committee.
Outside of work, Alex has a passion for food and travel (Covid-19 dependent!), is an avid Manchester United fan and a keen runner, having ran the London and Amsterdam marathons previously, and is due to take part in the 2023 New York City Marathon.
Alex can be seen discussing the four big things to consider when drafting a will and estate planning on JMW's Inside Man.