- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
Elaine joined JMW from Brabners Chaffe Street in June 2009 and was promoted to Partner in May 2010. Elaine is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners and the Probate Section of the Law Society. She specialises in advising sports and media personalities on estate planning. She also advises SME owners on inheritance tax and succession planning, as well as advising on cross-border estates and charities.
Legal directory Chambers and Partners 2014 says Elaine Roche ‘continues to impress with her work advising prominent figures on tax planning and asset protection. She is well versed in succession planning and other issues affecting family business owners.’
Most recently, Elaine has been described in Chambers 2015 as 'extremely useful and capable. She listens to people and doesn't talk down to clients'.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Advising on securing Business Property Relief and Agricultural Property relief from Inheritance Tax
- Advising on estate planning, including wills,trusts and lifetime giving for domiciled and non-domiciled clients
- Advising on cross-border estate planning issues
- Creation and registration of charitable trusts
- Creation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Administration of Estates
- Acting on behalf of Court of Protection Deputies in financial matters