- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner London Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
Jamie joined JMW in July 2020 from New Quadrant Partners Ltd. Prior to this Jamie was with Fladgate LLP for 16 years. Jamie has practised all aspects of private client law for over 23 years.
Jamie acts for many traditional UK based families with purely domestic interests and some with an international element. Jamie provides guidance to business owners who wish to tax plan efficiently for future generations to inherit either directly so their business continues or perhaps using trust structures to ensure the next generation are not tempted to extravagance. Jamie also acts for international families and family offices who have set up a base in the UK while their families are growing and perhaps in education.
Jamie represents elderly or vulnerable clients and assists with the management of their financial interests and ensures their affairs are in order from a legal and tax point of view.
Jamie’s experience includes:
- Estate planning, succession and will preparation;
- Powers of attorney and registration;
- Mental capacity, court of protection and deputyship matters;
- Setting up and administering personal injury trusts to hold compensation awards or insurance payments following accident or injury;
- Trust Advice including setting up, administration of trusts and the ending of trusts to include all tax aspects;
- UK and international probate and estate administration and associated tax advice including deeds of variations;
- Advice to Executors, Trustees, Deputy’s and Attorneys in respect of their fiduciary duties;
- Personal and trust taxation including UK resident non domiciled taxation; and
- Business Succession planning including Family Investment Companies.
Jamie’s main aim is to be there from the very first client introduction through to retirement and beyond and to continue to advise future generations. Continuity is the key to successful planning and passing down wealth with responsibility and this is where he believes he offers a first class and integrated service fit for the modern world.
Jamie is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (C.I.L.E.X) and an associate member of STEP.
In his spare time, when he is not looking after his two young daughters, Jamie likes keeping fit which includes skiing and body surfing. Jamie also loves to travel.