- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Senior Associate Solicitor
David joined JMW in 2009 and qualified as a solicitor specialising in dispute resolution.
David is a tenacious and pragmatic litigator. He advises a broad spectrum of clients and is known for his personable and friendly style, but always with a goal of obtaining the very best outcome for his clients and as cost effectively as possible.
He advises on commercial disputes, intellectual property issues and contentious trusts and probate matters.
He has a wealth of experience having advised on cases in the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, as well as extensive expertise in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
David is known as someone who can get to grips with complex issues quickly, is tactically astute and he understands clients’ commercial and financial concerns.
As described by clients David is: “someone who genuinely understands the fine balance between the risks and rewards of litigation” and “a real fighter when necessary; he was the only solicitor who grappled with my case”.
Recent cases include:
- A £200m case brought against one of the UK’s largest ecommerce business.
- A £40m claim brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- A multi million pound trust dispute described by a Judge as “the single most complex and challenging case he has ever seen in his career”.
- Injunction applications, including worldwide freezing orders.
- Claims for trade mark infringement and passing off, copyright and design rights issued in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- Restrictive covenant disputes in the High Court, acting for both companies and individuals.
- The Supreme Court case of Cotter v Revenue and Customs Commissioners  UKSC69.
David is a full member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists, an affiliate Member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) including the Special Interest Group for Contentious Trusts and Estates and a member of the Property Litigation Association.