Associate Solicitor – Contentious Probate (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We have a new vacancy for an Associate Solicitor (though all levels will be considered dependent on experience) to join the firm’s Contentious Probate team, based in our office in Spinningfields, Manchester.
The Contentious Probate team deal with all types of Will disputes and sit within the Commercial Litigation Department. The team comprises two Partners, two Senior Associate Solicitors, two Assistant Solicitors, a Trainee Solicitor and a Paralegal. The work they undertake includes:
- Contesting the Validity of Wills
- Inheritance Act Disputes
- Will Rectification Claims
- Trust Disputes
- Challenging lifetime transactions
- Proprietary Estoppel Claims
- Executor or Trustee Disputes
- Attorney or Deputy Disputes
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest and fastest growing Contentious Probate teams in Manchester, which is a supportive and collaborative team where each member plays a vital role in achieving the best outcomes for our clients. All members of the team are appreciated for the part they play and their successes are acknowledged and rewarded.
As an Associate, you will be a key member of the Contentious Probate team. You will be managing your own caseload as well as supporting the more senior members of the team and assisting with the supervision and development of the more junior members.
We offer a competitive salary, autonomy, excellent progression opportunities and flexible working options.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Ideally, between 3-7 years Post Qualified Experience (PQE). Other exceptional candidates will be considered either side of that bracket
- Significant experience of Contentious Probate work
- An ability to work collaboratively within a team and be a team player
- That they are technically excellent with strong attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise, manage deadlines and work autonomously when appropriate
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- An appreciation of business development opportunities in the field and a wish to develop those opportunities
- Full working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
Working for JMW:
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday per month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.