Construction Solicitor (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We are looking for a construction solicitor (c.3-5 PQE) to join JMW’s highly regarded Construction team based in Manchester city centre.
JMW is a full-service law firm working with substantial regional and national clients. The firm offers an innovative and collaborative approach to provide practical solutions for its clients.
This is a firm which prides itself in being an excellent firm to work for garnering recognition and consistently high ranking in the leading surveys. The successful candidate will receive full support to grow as a lawyer and achieve their career goals in a positive supported environment.
The firm's Construction team is looking to retain the best lawyers in the construction and engineering sectors to grow and develop this key area of practice. Above all else we seek the right person who will contribute to the development of the team. A close working relationship with the team partners is available but in addition the right person will be encouraged to grow relationships with many other people and work types across the firm.
Knowledge skills and experience
You will have:
- c.3-5 PQE
- Experience in contentious and non-contentious construction law
- A knowledge of key areas of the law including the main published standard forms of Building Contract
- Experience of providing practical advice which a lay client understands
- Ambition and aptitude improve and develop as a lawyer
- A focus and attention to detail in client care.
- A drive to market to clients including cross selling to colleagues working in diverse areas of law.
- Excellent drafting skills
- A strong sense of commerciality in your approach and advice to clients
- Excellent organisation skills
- Respect for yourself and those who work with you or in support of you
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday per month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.