Costs Draftsperson/Manager (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
The Costs team are based in our Manchester office and report in to the Heads of Personal Injury. They undertake a variety of costs work including drafting Bills of Costs, Replies, Points of Dispute, Costs Budgets, Negotiations and Advices for Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence, Court of Protection, Commercial and Solicitor/Client matters.
We are looking for a qualified Costs Lawyer (0-3 PQE), or a non-qualified draftsperson with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
Applicants must have experience in drafting bills of costs and negotiating costs in Personal Injury work. Experience of dealing with Catastrophic PI work would be an advantage.
This will be a varied role dealing with the full range of costs work, with the successful applicant managing their own case load from start to finish and, dependent on experience, managing the team.
The Costs team have a bonus scheme in place which allows for up to 10% of gross earnings to be paid as an annual bonus dependent upon performance.
Hybrid working is available.
- To provide an effective, timely and efficient service to the firm’s clients.
- Communicate with clients of the department in a professional and courteous manner.
- To ensure excellent service standards and maintain high client satisfaction.
- To manage your own caseload.
- To keep up to date with all aspects of the law relating to costs law and the Civil Procedure Rules.
- To take on work in a variety Personal Injury, Court of Protection, Commercial and Solicitor/Client matters, including;
- Bills of Costs
- Replies and/or Points of Dispute
- Costs Budgets
- Qualified Costs Lawyer (0-3 PQE), or a non-qualified draftsperson with a minimum of 4 years’ experience (as detailed above).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative and manage time and priorities effectively.
- Confident communicator – ability to work with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.