Employment Senior Associate Solicitor (London)
- Job Type
- Full time
JMW’s London office is seeking an ambitious, talented and motivated Senior Associate to join its rapidly growing and dynamic London Employment team. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with two well regarded partners, two solicitors and a trainee.
The candidate will be able to take on work from the partners in the team and run with that case load independently as well as ideally be interested in developing their own client base. The candidate will also be able to delegate work to the two junior lawyers in the team and supervise their work as appropriate.
This role is suited to a candidate who is looking for an exciting new challenge that will allow them to broaden their employment law experience and continue to build their own practice and contribute to business development initiatives.
As the firm itself is continuing to expand (particularly in London), it prides itself in investing in its people and so the candidate will be fully supported, with ample opportunity for personal progression.
The team is a warm and welcoming group of individuals who have adopted a great culture, and are a genuine, supportive and fun team to be a part of. The right candidate will be able to integrate fully into the team.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the London Employment team who are known for being pragmatic, commercial, and forward-thinking. The team is standalone, but works closely with Corporate, Restructuring & Insolvency, Intellectual Property and Corporate Immigration.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- 5 + PQE.
- Full spectrum of employment law experience including: dealing with unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, whistle-blowing claims, TUPE; Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation (including in insolvency situations); redundancy; general advisory; and advising on senior executive exits (desired but not essential).
- Confident communicator.
- Ability to manage own case-load.
- Skilled at building and managing rapport with clients.
- Personable, a team player and good commercial mind-set.
- Highly motivated and ability to use initiative.
- Strong interest in business development, including presenting at conferences and seminars.
- Assisting the partners in the team as well as delegating work to, and supervising junior members of the team effectively.
- Passion for developing the careers and skill-set of junior lawyers.
What JMW can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for a UK top 100 Law Firm and a top 10 Best Large Company to work for in London.
- High quality client work that covers a broad range of sectors, including retail, pharmaceutical, fast-growth technology companies, and senior executive exits.
- An opportunity to help continue building the London Employment team’s practice and help grow its presence in the London market.
- A platform to develop your knowledge and skill-set, as well as being given ownership of the matters that you work on.
- Career progression with the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities within the firm.
- The chance to work as part of an innovative and collegiate team, who take pride in being themselves.
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
Details of all our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.