Employment Solicitor (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We have a new vacancy for a qualified Employment Solicitor to join JMW’s Manchester office in a fast growing and entrepreneurial Employment team which is recognised by Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
This is an additional role within the team due to new work coming in from existing clients and through new client instructions from other areas of the business. The team work collaboratively and are looking for a Solicitor to work closely with the Partners, providing support on their cases, as well as managing their own caseload.
Our specialist Employment law team in Manchester provide expert advice to both businesses and individuals on all areas of employment law as it constantly evolves. There is very little - if anything - relating to employment law that we haven't dealt with, which is why our clients find we are the ideal law firm to have in their corner.
Our employer clients have an impressive client base, where we have specific expertise in working in the recruitment sector which we are nationally recognised for. Within the hospitality sector we work with a number of household recognised names. Our employee clients are normally made up of directors, senior executives, and professionals.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work across a myriad of different types of the highest quality work.
The team are very active with speaking engagements, and there will be opportunities to get involved with networking and business development activities for the right candidate, although this is not a mandatory expectation in the role.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Hybrid working is available.
The ideal candidate for the role would have:
- 0-2 years’ post-qualification experience and be qualified in England and Wales.
- Experience in Respondent and Claimant work (typically a 70/30 split).
- Have a thorough understanding of UK employment law, including the latest legislative updates.
- Experience in advising employers and employees on various employment law matters, including discrimination, redundancy, disciplinary procedures, and employment contracts.
- The ability to draft and review employment contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in representing clients in Employment Tribunals and mediations.
- Negotiating settlement agreements on behalf of clients.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing exceptional service and advice.
- Working as part as a team as required and also independently as required.
- The ability to proactively manage your time.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one-hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The option to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.