Paralegal - Private Client (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We are recruiting a Paralegal to join the Private Client department in our Manchester head office.
Our team of specialists assists clients with a range of complex requirements, including families, business owners, entrepreneurs, sports professionals, entertainers and medical professionals. Our solicitors regularly consult with accountants, investment managers, private banks and financial advisers to ensure that the legal guidance we provide is the best.
The Manchester Private Client department is a team of 20, making us one of the biggest Private Client teams outside of London. We are recognised in Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500. We have won industry awards, including Team of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards 2022.
The team is dynamic and supportive and fosters a culture of excellence. There will be lots of scope for progression in this role for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be assisting Solicitors and Partners in the team with their fee earning work, including:
- Interviewing and advising clients
- Drafting legal documents such as Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Conducting estate administration (‘probate’) work
- Drafting accounts
- Liaising with clients
- Creating and administering Trusts
- General administration support
There will be opportunities for exposure to complex work, and to gain responsibility for file handling and client contact as you develop in the role.
JMW seeks to support its junior employees in their career progression and we would encourage strong candidates to develop the skills and experience necessary to ultimately qualify as a solicitor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in private client law.
- A commitment to excellent client care and enthusiasm for private client work.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Competence with mathematics.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.