Paralegal - Property Litigation (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
Our award-winning, top 50, full-service law firm is looking for a Paralegal to join its successful and growing Property Litigation team, based at our Head Office in Spinningfields, Manchester city centre.
Recognised for their collegiate culture and transparent career progression framework, JMW regularly attracts individuals from other respected firms.
The Property Litigation team covers the full spectrum of property disputes for both commercial and residential landowners, landlords and tenants. The team acts for a number of high-profile household names alongside a variety of developers, managing agents, investors and private clients.
The successful individual will support one Partner primarily, as well as providing assistance to the wider team as and when necessary, with a variety of legal and administrative tasks including (but not limited to):
- Dealing with enquires from new and existing clients
- Supporting fee earners on cases
- Creating document bundles
- Managing diary entries
- Taking accurate notes in meetings with clients and/or Counsel
- Drafting letters and emails
- Filing documents
- Calls and emails with third parties
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop their legal knowledge and skills and to learn from our highly experienced lawyers. Progression opportunities are available for the right candidate.
The role will be fully office-based initially, with the option to discuss hybrid working after a settling in period.
What we are looking for:
- Strong academics, including a law degree or GDL.
- Excellent organisation skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a focus on providing great client care.
- The ability to adapt and work at a fast pace.
- Strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience in a paralegal role (property in particular) would be advantageous but is not essential.
Working for JMW:
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday per month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.