Police Station Representative (Solicitor/Fee Earner) - Business Crime & Regulatory (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We have a new vacancy for a 2+ PQE Solicitor/Fee Earner with Police Station Representative Accreditation to join our Manchester Business Crime & Regulatory team.
This role will require police station cover (so you must be able to cover a 24-hour Police Station duty rota), attendance at court and preparation for Crown Court cases.
The Business Crime and Regulatory team at JMW consists of leading experts and specialists who represent clients nationwide. We have been and are involved in some of the biggest Business Crime investigations and prosecutions and are ranked as a Top Tier Fraud Firm by the Legal 500, as well as Chambers and Partners. We pride ourselves on our breadth of experience and reputation in our field and we’re proud to provide the very highest standards of work, commitment, and professionalism.
Skills and Experience Required
We’re looking for a Solicitor with 2+ years post qualification experience, though we would also welcome CILEX or Senior Paralegal applicants with minimum 2 years’ relevant experience.
All applicants must hold Police Station Representative Accreditation, a full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle that can be used for work.
To be successful in this role you should also be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of criminal law, practices and procedures including the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE).
- Advise at Police Stations in all cases.
- Prepare cases at all levels of court in connection with crime law issues.
- Undertake advocacy at court in connection with crime cases (no higher rights).
- Determine appropriately the need for experts, agents or counsel to be instructed upon issues which they are to address.
- Understand and put into practice Legal Aid Agency Franchise requirements.
- Experience in Police misconduct matters would be advantageous.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career JMW offers its people many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- Opportunities to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.