Restructuring & Insolvency Associate (London)
- Job Type
- Full time
JMW’s Restructuring and Insolvency team in London have an opportunity for an experienced solicitor (c.3-6 years’ PQE) to join as an Associate.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to undertake contentious and/or transactional restructuring and insolvency work, often within tight time-frames.
Desirable skills and experience:
- the ability to handle a caseload with minimal supervision and have a good understanding of relevant risk management issues;
- the ability to work in a team environment with good training and motivation skills;
- good client care and quality control skills;
- good drafting and advocacy skills;
- the ability to carry out legal research with minimum supervision;
- excellent academic credentials;
- strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage several deadlines;
- strong technical legal knowledge of the core areas of R&I;
- good business development and marketing skills;
- awareness and exercise of financial management skills;
- good management and supervisory skills, especially the ability to supervise junior members of the team.
The team at JMW offers practical, specialist advice to insolvency practitioners, businesses, individuals, directors, lenders and other stakeholders in both contentious and non-contentious areas of restructuring and insolvency. The team prides itself on being able to offer clear and concise legal advice, providing tailored guidance that is suited to the unique requirements of their clients.
The team also advises insolvency practitioners, lenders, borrowers, directors, distressed investors and other relevant organisations and individuals on their rights and obligations in respect of both transactional and contentious work.
The team frequently undertakes transactional (pre-packs, administrations, CVAs, restructuring plans, cross-border restructurings), contentious (actions against or defending former directors and antecedent transactions), enforcement and general advisory work.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.