Secretary/PA - Commercial Litigation (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full type
JMW’s Commercial Litigation department, based at our head office in Spinningfields, Manchester, are looking for two experienced secretaries to provide an efficient, proactive and comprehensive service to a busy team of fee earners. This is a hybrid role which will consist of secretarial and PA duties.
This is an exciting time to join the team during its period of growth.
Previous experience within the legal sector would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided and consideration given to candidates with a high working ambition and ethic.
This is a full-time role although consideration will be given to candidates who seek to work 4 days per week. Remote working is available following a successful settling in period.
JMW’s Commercial Litigation Department is a vibrant and inclusive team where every member is valued and recognised for their contribution.
- Providing proactive, effective and efficient administrative support to a busy team of fee earners, including 3 Partners and 2 Solicitors.
- Diary management including scheduling internal and external meetings, room bookings, and co-ordinating and managing travel arrangements, ensuring the most cost-effective method is used.
- Completion of monthly invoicing, related financial management, and submitting monthly expense claims.
- Assisting with the implementation of the team’s business development strategies, preparing pitch / training documents / presentations and providing event support ensuring appropriate facilities, materials and catering is provided where necessary.
- Assisting with file management, including performing KYC and conflict checks ahead of client engagement, preparing engagement letters and accompanying documents for sending to the client, conducting regular reviews of matter reports with a view to identifying inactive matters, reviewing ledger balances and managing the archiving process.
- Undertaking typical administrative tasks including creating and formatting documents, dealing with telephone queries, filing, photocopying, printing, scanning and occasional audio / copy typing, as and when required.
- Working as a team with other secretaries in the department, supporting each other to ensure all work is completed, inclusive of covering each other’s phones and diaries, providing holiday and sickness cover as and when required.
What we are looking for:
- An outgoing and friendly manner alongside an ability to adapt and work at a fast pace
- Strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Work well under pressure and under unexpected deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literate
- Excellent time management and organisational qualities
- Pro-active and able to prioritise and manage deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changing work tasks
- Ability to work well on own or as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in an assertive, professional manner
Working for JMW:
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday per month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.