Senior Solicitor - Private Client (Liverpool)
- Job Type
- Full Time
Our team of specialists assists clients with a range of complex requirements, including families, business owners, entrepreneurs, sports professionals, entertainers and medical professionals. Our solicitors regularly consult with accountants, investment managers, private banks and financial advisers to ensure that the legal guidance we provide is the best.
The Private Client Department are recruiting for a Senior Associate or Salaried Partner with experience advising HNW clients on lifetime and death estate and tax planning, inheritance tax mitigation, estate administration, and the formation, taxation and administration of trust structures.
Ideally we are considering candidates with a client following and/or a market presence and an ability to generate new work leads. This is an opportunity for an experienced solicitor looking for career progression and the ability to take on a new challenge to build up the firm’s Private Client offering in Liverpool.
While primarily based at our Liverpool office, the role will involve regular travel to the Manchester office. The role will report in to both the Head of Private Client (Manchester) and Head of Family (Liverpool). The Manchester team will provide some work and junior resource, while the Family team in Liverpool will provide a client pool.
This is a full-time role, but we would consider candidates looking to work part time (4 days a week or equivalent).
- C. 6-10 PQE
- Following of work, and/or market presence/business development
- Ability to run caseload from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Advising on/drafting Wills
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Advising on HNW/UHNW estate planning
- Familiarity with relevant tax framework
- Knowledge of Trusts
- Able to supervise junior lawyers
- STEP qualification preferable
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday per month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.