Immigration Partner (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We are seeking an experienced Senior UK Immigration Solicitor to join our Manchester office at Partner level, bringing with them a following of work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-quality legal advice and representation to clients in all areas of UK immigration law. The role will require the candidate to work independently and ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Provide expert legal advice and representation to clients in all areas of UK immigration law, including visa applications and appeals.
- Deal with a broad range of work which includes:
- Sponsor Licence applications
- Tier 2 Visas & Compliance
- advising businesses from SME to FTSE 250
- acting for Tier 1 ‘high-net worth’ clients
- entry clearance and extension applications as well as settlement
- Provide a main point of contact assistance to clients regarding UK immigration issues and act as the relationship leader
- Manage a wide variety of different caseloads on behalf of different clients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, building a strong reputation for the Manchester office in the field of immigration law.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in immigration law and policy, and ensure that all advice and representation provided to clients is accurate and up-to-date.
- Generate and manage a caseload of complex immigration cases, ensuring that all work is completed within strict deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the firm to ensure that clients receive the best possible service.
- Qualified solicitor with significant experience in UK immigration law (minimum 8 PQE).
- Excellent knowledge of UK immigration law and policy.
- Strong legal research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career, JMW offer staff many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- The opportunity to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.