Solicitor - Business Crime & Regulation (Manchester)
- Job Type
- Full time
We are recruiting an experienced Crime & Regulatory Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive (c. NQ-4 PQE) to join the Manchester Business Crime & Regulation team.
This is an additional role in the team who represent professionals, corporate clients and individuals across the country on a range of high quality and complex matters, often with an international element, including:
- fraud and financial crime;
- corporate governance;
- organised and serious crime;
- regulatory offences;
- serious motoring offences;
- criminal restraint and confiscation;
- tax investigations; and
- a growing number of health and safety matters.
The successful candidate will be managing their own caseload as well as supporting a Partner.
As well as the opportunity to be involved in wide ranging and high-level criminal and regulatory work, you will receive guidance and support from an experienced Partner and be encouraged to develop your career and client base. We are looking for an ambitious individual who can build a strong network and reputation in the market. A following of work would be advantageous.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate would have:
- A passion for this area of law and a determination to develop into a market leader.
- The ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of criminal and regulatory law, practices and procedures.
- Experience in preparing cases at all levels of court in connection with criminal and regulatory matters.
- An ability to undertake advocacy at court in connection with criminal and regulatory cases (no higher rights).
- A proven ability to deal with complex cases and in-depth investigatory work.
- A skilled communicator who can develop connections and build trust.
- Experience of Health and Safety work would be advantageous.
In return, you will be joining a supportive team and be given the resources to grow your own legal career alongside the well-established and ranked individuals in JMW’s Business Crime and Regulatory department.
Working for JMW
As well as a rewarding career JMW offers its people many other opportunities and benefits, including:
- A minimum of 25 days' annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A one hour early finish, one Friday a month
- Two days a year to do charitable work
- Opportunities to get involved in sports teams, hobby clubs, and social events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Annual promotions process open to all staff
More information about our benefits and company culture can be found on the careers home page.