The Port of Dover has announced special arrangements that are to be put in place for coaches travelling through the Port of Dover during February half-term.
All coaches must use the designated Coach Processing Facility in Dover’s Western Docks on Friday 9 (10:30-21:30), Saturday 10 (11:30-22:30) and Friday 16 February (12:00-23:00) before proceeding to the Ferry Terminal.
The Port of Dover has confirmed:
- There are toilets and a water bottle filling station at the Coach Processing Facility.
- Coaches should only turn up within their 3-hour booking window (they will be turned away if they arrive early).
- There will be a sequencing process in place and coaches will be given a number on arrival at the Coach Processing Facility (any coaches arriving at the Ferry Terminal without a number will be exited).
- Operators should ensure passengers have sufficient food, snacks and entertainment on board.
- Coach drivers should ensure that toilet facilities have been emptied before arriving at the Port.
- Coach drivers should ensure all individuals on board have their personal passports open and ready before the Border Controls (bags of passports will not be accepted at the Border).
- A full range of amenities are available in the Passenger Services Building beyond ferry check-in.
Coaches should proceed directly to the Ferry Terminal outside of these specified days/times.
Briefing notes on this process have been distributed to the coach trade associations for communication to their members and the Port of Dover’s ‘Coach Operation Document’ can be accessed here: PowerPoint Presentation (portofdover.com)