- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Road Transport Solicitors
The specialist motoring and road transport solicitors at JMW understand the needs of the logistics sector and can provide you with strategic solutions to any road transport issue, specifically tailored to meet the practical and commercial needs of your business.
Whether your use of commercial or passenger vehicles is central to your business or merely an ancillary part of your core business, obtaining and retaining your operator's licence is essential; and JMW is here to help.
Our team is vastly experienced in providing assistance, advice and representation to both businesses and individuals involved in the road transport industry.
Our expertise in road transport law is matched only on a limited basis nationwide. We offer a whole host of services in this often complex area of law, including:
- Clandestine entrants
- Employment documentation
- Operator's licence applications
- Public inquiries
- Tachograph laws
- DVSA visits
- Interviews under caution
- Driver conduct hearings
- Vehicle detentions by DVSA
- Compliance management systems
- Magistrates' Court and Crown Court prosecutions brought by DVSA and/or the police
- Drivers' hours, tachographs and working time
- Roadside checks and prohibition notices
- Graduated fixed penalties, financial deposits and immobilisation notices
- Construction and use of vehicles
- Vehicle maintenance issues
- Vehicle seizures relating to Customs and Excise matters
- Operator, transport manager and driver training
The road transport solicitors at JMW have great expertise in assisting both businesses and individuals alike with any legal matters relating to the road transport industry. We are renowned for the high quality service we provide and are able to offer a wide range of services to help you and your business.
Those we are able to help include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Commercial heavy goods vehicle (HGV) operators, from scaffolding businesses, skip hire companies, waste carriers and plant hire companies, to national and international haulage companies
- Commercial passenger vehicle operators, from taxi, limousine and minibus operators, to national and international public service vehicle (PSV) operators
- Transport managers and Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) holders
- Professional HGV and PSV Drivers
We also regularly defend operators and drivers who have prosecutions brought against them by the police and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), which can include matters such as:
- Operating without an operator's licence
- Falsification of tachograph charts
- Drivers' hours and tachograph offences
- Excise and duty problems
Prosecutions of this type can be damaging to a company's profitability, an operator's licence and a driver's vocational licence, so seeking the help of expert road traffic solicitors, such as those at JMW, is imperative.