- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Data Training for Businesses
Data protection requirements for businesses are becoming more complex, making it more important that everyone working for your organisation understands their responsibilities. JMW Solicitors in London can support your company’s data training activities to ensure you are achieving full compliance with the latest regulations.
Our data protection solicitors are experts on all aspects of modern data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and can provide comprehensive training support on all aspects of corporate data management. This includes regulatory requirements, staff responsibilities, best practice guidance and what to do when a crisis occurs.
We can provide bespoke training that is tailored to your commercial goals and specific needs as an organisation, ensuring that your entire business is ready to tackle any data protection challenges they may face.
How JMW Can Help
The data protection team is highly experienced in advising businesses and individuals on a wide range of privacy and cyber-security issues, giving us an unparalleled insight into the most important training priorities and the best ways of supporting your staff.
Our expertise encompasses regulatory and compliance investigations, profiling, data monetisation, consumer rights and responding to data breaches, as well as the handling of international data transfers and cross-border regulatory requirements. We also have a strong relationship with the ICO and a proven track record of handling investigations and complaints.
As such, JMW is able to offer practical, commercially-focused training solutions in a technical and complex area of law, regularly delivering bespoke teaching sessions and workshops for clients across the technology, retail, and consumer sectors. By working with us, you can ensure that every member of your staff understands how best to process data in a way that is secure, transparent and legally compliant.
Data training service areas
The data protection team at JMW can offer tailored training sessions and in-depth workshops on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Regulatory requirements under GDPR, PECR, RIPA and net neutrality
- Examining what constitutes a data breach and how to identify red flags
- The role of the data protection officer and their reporting responsibilities
- Reputation and crisis management
- Retrieving lost data
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Identifying what can be classed as personal data
- Carrying out data audits and surveys
- Managing data risks with third-party partners across a supply chain
- Reviewing data flows and existing policies
- Assessing employment contracts, employee policies, codes of conduct and other relevant HR materials
- Project planning a compliance programme
JMW’s expertise in this area is wide-ranging, meaning you can work with us to devise a bespoke approach to data protection training that directly addresses the priority areas and pain points that matter most to your organisation.