Angela joined JMW in April 2022 as an Associate in the Business Crime and Regulatory team. Specialising in Crime and Extradition, Angela has extensive experience in representing clients in police interviews, extradition and criminal proceedings in the Magistrates and Crown Courts. She has represented clients in investigations and prosecutions brought by various agencies for a wide range of offences.
In 2018 Angela gained her Higher Rights of Audience enabling her to represent clients as a Solicitor-Advocate in the higher criminal courts throughout England and Wales.
Angela has developed a particular specialism in the field of extradition where she routinely raises complex arguments based on breaches of the Human Rights Act 1998 and Extradition Act 2003. This involves advising clients on a wide range of cross-jurisdictional matters and utilising Mutual Legal Assistance.
- Represented a client wanted in Belgium in relation to a human trafficking conspiracy offence.
- Representing a client at a High Court appeal, on the basis that Hungarian assurances on prison conditions were not being complied with pursuant to the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Represented a client in successfully resisting extradition to Greece on the basis that he was convicted in absence and that he was not entitled to a re-trial.
- Defended one of three Lithuanian requested persons challenging prison conditions and assurances.
- Represented individuals accused of a variety of drug related offences such as Conspiracy to Supply Class A / Class B drugs.
- Represented a child accused of several sexual offences in respect of another chid.
- Represented a client accused of Perverting the Course of Justice by providing false information on a notice of intended prosecution.
- Represented a client accused of causing grievous bodily harm with intent as part of a larger conspiracy.
- Successfully persuaded the CPS to drop the case against a client charged with assault.
Angela is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association, Female Fraud Forum and Defence Extradition Lawyers.