- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Solicitor Manchester Business Crime & Regulation
Samhia qualified as a Solicitor in January 2020 and joined JMW in February 2020 as a Solicitor in the Business Crime and Regulatory team.
Samhia assists partner, Ian Lewis with Police Law matters in particular, representing and assisting Police Officers of Federated ranks facing criminal and/or misconduct/gross misconduct proceedings.
Samhia graduated from Keele University with a degree in Law and gained a 2:1. She then went on to study the LPC with a Masters in Law at the University of Law, Manchester and gained a Commendation. Whilst undertaking her studies, Samhia was involved in various pro-bono activities including providing advice at legal clinics.
Before qualifying as a Solicitor, Samhia worked as a Legal Advisor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers providing legal advice to members of trade unions and the Police Federation.
Samhia then went on to complete her Training Contract at Greater Manchester Police and has experience in Police Law matters in particular:
- Police Misconduct matters and Police related employment matters;
- Defending civil actions against the Police;
- Making forfeiture applications to the Magistrates Court to forfeit cash seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002; and
- Representing Properly Interested Persons during Inquests where Article 2 of the European Convention of Humans Rights has been engaged and a jury has been empanelled.
Outside of work, Samhia enjoys travelling to different countries and spending time with friends and family.