- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Head of Department Manchester Commercial LitigationSports Law
Marc joined JMW in May 2012 as a Partner in the Commercial Litigation team and became Head of Department in May 2015. Marc now runs a department of 42 people which was described by the legal 500 in 2017 as “becoming the new force in the North West for commercial litigation’
Marc advises a varied and entrepreneurial client base ranging from local owner-managed businesses to global corporations. His caseload permeates a number of industries including sport, media, online retailing, manufacturing and property, with particular experience in sport, e-commerce and online businesses.
Marc is a technically strong and tactically astute litigator used to handling multi million pound claims. His approach to litigation, according to his clients, is refreshing and comforting. He has been named as a 'recommended lawyer' in the Legal 500 UK since 2015 where he was described as ‘a tenacious fighter who gets great results’.
Marc will always try and resolve disputes quickly and economically, but if this cannot be achieved, he will work tirelessly to achieve his client's objective. Marc has been shortlisted for various awards including: Partner of the Year – Manchester Legal Awards 2015 and 2017, Lawyer of the Year – Made in Manchester Awards, Lawyer of the Year - Downtown Manchester Mancoolian Awards 2014.
Marc's experience includes:
- £210m claim against one of the UK’s largest ecommerce businesses.
- £40m claim against a private bank for misrepresentation.
- £8.3m claim against two football agents on behalf of a Premiership footballer.
- Claim against a football club on behalf of a consultant which resulted in a successful settlement out of court.
- Many other claims for sports stars, including contract disputes, claims against landlords and claims against other advisors.
- Numerous claims against a well-known daily newspaper for breach of Copyright, defamation and other breaches of privacy
- Multi-million pound claim for the recovery of sums fraudulently obtained via a payment processing service
- Successfully defended a director of a global payment processing service against an aggressive user claim
- Making and defending injunctions including Freezing Orders and other interim applications