- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Partner
Mark is a partner in JMW’s corporate team. Having qualified in 2008, he has built a strong client base, acting on behalf of private investors, entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses and companies across a variety of sectors within the region.
Mark is experienced in advising on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters across a variety of sectors, including: acquisitions and disposals, MBO’s, joint ventures, private equity and investment structures, share option schemes (including EMI schemes), re-structuring, refinancing and corporate governance matters.
Mark has a pragmatic and commercial approach to legal matters, and he takes pride in ensuring that he keeps in regular contact with his clients and feels that doing so adds value to the businesses that he works with.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting on behalf of the Sellers in relation to the sale of two separate divisions of its organisation to two different purchasers for a total equity value exceeding £19.5m. Following the sales, the company repaid its outstanding loan notes and completed a buyback of shares from the Pension Protection Fund. The sales included complex strategic planning to utilise historic losses within the group and to ensure the shareholder’s receive entrepreneur’s relief on the distribution when the group is collapsed following the sales.
- Acting on behalf of the Company in relation to a complex restructure and capital reduction demerger of a group of companies with a total asset value of £55m.
- Advising the Sellers on the sale of their company to a PE fund for an equity value of £8.7m. The sellers rolled part of their consideration as an investment back into the group by way of loan notes and shares in the acquiring company together with sweet equity based on the ultimate exit value achieved by the PE fund.
- Acting on behalf of an IT software development, support and maintenance company with several share acquisitions as part of a “buy and build strategy” together with their general commercial contracts and strategy on an on-going basis.
- Advising a new start tech company in relation to the establishment of a joint venture and multi-million dollar investment with two major sector operators based in Asia, to exploit and develop a new concept that has been developed by the client.
- Acting on behalf of an NHS dental practice, trading as a partnership, in converting to limited company status, including the hive up of the business and assets and all related CQC and NHS Contract issues.
Mark studied Law at Manchester Metropolitan University before completing his training contract at O’Neill Patient Solicitors LLP where he spent a further 6 years working in the Corporate Team. Mark then joined Manchester based corporate firm LLM, before joining JMW in March 2014.
Outside of work, Mark enjoys the outdoors, he is a keen skier, golfer and footballer, and heads to Old Trafford to support Manchester United as often as he can.