- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Partner
Mark is a partner in JMW’s corporate team, over his career he has built up a strong SME client base, acting on behalf of private investors, entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses and companies across a variety of sectors within the Northwest region.
Mark is experienced in advising on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters across a variety of sectors, including: acquisitions and disposals, MBO’s, joint ventures, private equity and investment structures, share option schemes, re-structuring, refinancing and corporate governance matters.
Mark is recommended in the legal 500 as ‘fantastic’.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising the sellers on the sale of their company to a PE fund for an equity value of £8.7m. The sellers rolled part of their consideration as an investment back into the group by way of loan notes and shares in the acquiring company together with sweet equity based on the ultimate exit value achieved by the PE fund.
- Acting on behalf of the sellers in relation to the sale of two separate divisions of its organisation to two different purchasers for a total equity value exceeding £19.5m. Following the sales, the company repaid its outstanding loan notes and completed a buyback of shares from the Pension Protection Fund. The sales included complex strategic planning to utilise historic losses within the group and to ensure the shareholder’s receive entrepreneur’s relief on the distribution when the group is collapsed following the sales.
- Acting on behalf of the company in relation to a complex restructure and capital reduction demerger of a group of companies with a total asset value of £55m.
- Acting on behalf of the management team for Manchester based utilities contractor in relation to a £9m sale, backed by Private Equity and bank funding, with part of vendor’s equity rolled over into the acquiring company.
- Advising a tech company in relation to the establishment of a joint venture and multi-million dollar investment with two major airline operators based in Asia, to exploit and develop a new concept that has been developed by the client.
- Acting on behalf of a North West based B2B telecoms provider in relation to the acquisition of one of its distributors for £11m backed by secured bank funding.
Mark studied Law at Manchester Metropolitan University. Mark joined JMW in March 2014, moving from Manchester based corporate firm LLM.
Outside of work, Mark enjoys the outdoors, he is a keen skier and footballer, and heads to Old Trafford to support Manchester United as often as he can.