- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner and Head of Corporate Manchester Corporate
Mike advises clients from PLCs, owner managed businesses and start-ups in all corporate transactions, financing, members agreements and structuring. He also has specialist knowledge and expertise in advising a range of clients in the sporting, media and digital sectors.
Mike joined JMW in May 2015 as Head of Corporate, previously he developed and grew the James Chapman Corporate/sports team increasing the £600k turnover to £2.7 million. Mike and the team transferred to Brabners in 2006.
He is identified as a Notable Practitioner in Chambers 2015 and “is praised by one client for being conscious of our needs as a business”. Chambers and Partners 2016 describes Mike as bringing "considerable commercial expertise to a practice that sees him routinely instructed on media rights, regulatory and brand management matters. He is regarded as "very well connected, very well respected and knowledgeable in the field"."
He was founder director of aAIM Group Plc a property advisory and fund management company which completed £2 billion of deals including £120 million new town development in Nagpur India.
Recent Highlights include:
- Lead advisor for start-up creator of online virtual sports and games for the gambling industry, advising on all structuring and commercial work and fundraising for £2.5 million.
- The sale to private equity for £10 million of medical supplies and services business.
- Advised on the structuring of £70million investment in the development of three pharmaceutical drugs for treating skin conditions.
- Acted for a marketing business on the £75 million acquisition of Commercial, sponsorship and hospitality inventory from a Premier League Football club.
- In broadcasting advised on the 2015 completion of the £175million 5 year deal with Sky acting for the RFL, and in 2014 provided the tender documents and advised on the bidding process and final agreements for the Thai FA’s domestic TV rights (£53million).
Currently acting on £350 million fund for Football clubs with an associated online platform for trading interests.
Mike graduated from Sheffield University before completing his training contract at Slater Heelis. He joined Peter Rickson & Partners in 1994 and then joined James Chapman in 1999, became a partner in 2001 and was instrumental in the move of the corporate/sports team to Brabners in 2006. Mike joined JMW as Head of Corporate in May 2015.
Mike loves playing and watching anything to do with sport and was a former semi-professional rugby player with Manchester and still coaches the junior teams. He now enjoys low impact sport such as tennis, golf and cycling.