- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Defence Against Accusations of Intellectual Property Infringement
Intellectual property rights are becoming more important for individuals and businesses alike. Therefore, many are seeking to enforce their rights against alleged infringers. However, those who seek to do so are not always right, meaning innocent individuals all too often become embroiled in expensive court proceedings.
The IP law team at JMW has extensive experience in successfully defending innocent individuals against overzealous claimants and, in many cases, obtain significant recovery costs as a result.
To speak to a solicitor if you have been accused of infringing an individual or business’s intellectual property rights, contact us on 0345 872 6666. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back.
How JMW Can Help
If you have experienced any of the following, it is important for you to contact JMW as soon as possible:
- Had your products taken down from Amazon, eBay or another online marketplace
- Been approached at a trade show to take your products off sale
- Received a letter before claim alleging one of the following:
- Trade mark infringement
- Passing off
- Patent infringement
- Design right infringement
- Copyright or database right infringement
- Received a letter from your former employer alleging a breach of their confidence in trade secrets
- Had your trade mark application refused by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) or had it opposed by someone else
- The longer accusations such as these are not dealt with, the bigger the cost to you and your family.
- Many claimants alleging IP infringement will ultimately bring court proceedings against you personally, meaning your personal assets (such as your home) are exposed. Unfortunately, this cannot be prevented even if you operate from a limited company.
It is vital that your case is accessed by an expert team of intellectual property solicitors such as those at JMW, so that we can quickly advise you as to your options and how to limit any damage and cost to you. Indeed, just because a claimant is alleging infringement, it does not mean that they are correct, and we will be able to advise you on how to defend yourself.