- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
The appointment of the professional team for a development project plays a crucial part in both the delivery of the project and the value of the finished product. JMW can assist in all aspects of the construction process including:
- Negotiating the building contract with the building contractor
- The appointment of consultants such as the architect, structural engineer, employer’s agent, CDM co-ordinator, etc.
- Securing warranties from the professional team for interested parties such as the developer, funder, tenants and purchasers.
JMW have a comprehensive set of precedent documents that have been utilised on many significant commercial developments and those documents combined with our expertise help to make putting the construction package together as pain free as possible.
Examples of cases in which we act:
- Negotiating JCT building contracts with national building contractors
- Negotiating the terms of engagement with major consultants
- Securing comprehensive warranty cover for large scale commercial schemes
What Others Say
Legal 500: 2021
JMW Solicitors LLP's practice strikes a balance between construction disputes and transactional matters, where it acts for contractors and developers. Andrew Rimmer has over three decades of experience handling both contentious and non-contentious work. The contentious side of the practice is also enhanced by the expertise of Helen Daley, who is particularly knowledgeable about the adjudication process, where she advises contractors and suppliers.