Restructuring & Insolvency Solicitors
Insolvency law and practice is complex and constantly evolving. The restructuring & insolvency solicitors at JMW offers practical, specialist advice to insolvency practitioners, businesses, individuals, lenders and other stakeholders on a wide range of issues. Our clients can rest assured that we have an invaluable depth of knowledge and expertise to help address and successfully resolve any practical, financial or legal matters.
It is now more important than ever to ensure that businesses and individuals receive the guidance and support they need to keep their finances under control and manage their cash flow and liabilities.
Our expertise in both contentious and non-contentious areas of insolvency law and practice includes:
- Administrative receiverships
- Bankruptcy petitions
- Company administrations
- Company insolvencies
- Company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- Compulsory liquidations
- Creditors’ voluntary liquidations
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Directors’ duties and liability on insolvency
- Directors’ and shareholders’ disputes leading to insolvency
- Fraudulent trading
- Individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs)
- Insolvency injunctions
- Investigations by insolvency practitioners into antecedent transactions
- LPA and fixed charge receiverships
- Members’ voluntary liquidations (including section 110 reconstructions)
- Moratorium applications
- Partnership insolvency
- Pre-pack administrations
- Provisional liquidations
- Public and private examinations
- Public interest winding-up petitions
- Retention of title claims
- Security reviews and enforcement
- Winding up petitions
- Wrongful trading
Why Choose JMW?
The team prides itself on being able to offer clear and concise legal advice that is suited to the unique requirements of you and your business. We provide tailored guidance on:
- How to deal with mounting debts
- Getting money in from debtors
- Negotiating with banks
- General restructuring of businesses
In the event that insolvency is unavoidable, we strive to guide businesses through the appropriate formal insolvency procedures, while also offering advice and support to directors and other individuals regarding personal liability.
With our headquarters based in Manchester and London, we have good access to the whole of the country and can cover your business needs wherever you are located.
We also provide sound, technical and practical advice to insolvency practitioners, lenders and other relevant organisations on their powers, duties and positions in respect of both formal and informal insolvency scenarios.