If you or a loved one have suffered a head or brain injury during service in the armed forces that was caused by somebody else’s negligence, we can help you make a claim for compensation.

JMW’s armed forces injury department has helped many members of the military claim for brain injury and the associated losses, as well as the appropriate rehabilitation and support required.

To speak to a solicitor about head or brain injury sustained from a military accident or as a result of violence, contact us today by calling 0345 450 9547. Alternatively, if you would prefer us to call you, complete our online enquiry form.


Treatment of a serious head injury requires help from a number of specialist professionals who will help you with your recovery. That’s why it is important that you seek help from a knowledgeable and experienced legal team who can ensure you receive the medical attention and care you deserve, as well as the compensation to cover this and ensure you and your family are financially stable.

Our armed forces team can help you access the very best care and support, including rehabilitation providers and therapists, as well as arrange early compensation payments to help pay for services that will allow your recovery to begin while your claim is ongoing.

We aim to ensure that you are able to return to a position as close as possible to the life you had before your injury. We have contacts with many excellent medical professionals who can help you adapt to life with a head injury.


There are two processes involved in making an armed forces claim - the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) claims process and the personal injury claims process.

The AFCS provides compensation for any injury, illness or death caused by service on or after April 6th 2005. Under the AFCS, you are entitled to two types of financial award:

  • A tax-free lump sum for your injuries
  • Additional monthly, tax-free, index-linked payments

Under the personal injury claims process, there is no maximum compensation limit to a negligence claim, and financial awards tend to be higher than those secured under the AFCS. A personal injury claim takes the following into account: 

  • Future earnings for any promotions
  • Loss of housing benefits
  • Loss of pension
  • The costs of any future medical treatment
  • Care and support
  • Aids and equipment
  • Accommodation

For more information on these processes, click on the relevant button below:


If you or a loved one has suffered a head or brain injury while serving in the armed forces, our solicitors can help you to make a claim for compensation. Simply call us on 0345 450 9547 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.

Let us contact you

View our Privacy Policy

Meet Corporal Andy Reid MBE: JMW's Armed Forces Ambassador