- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate London Clinical Negligence
Suleikha joined JMW Solicitors in October 2020 as an Associate in the clinical negligence department based out of JMW’s London office.
Previously, Suleikha worked as solicitor at Leigh Day solicitors where she qualified in 2013 after training at the firm. Since qualification Suleikha has specialised exclusively in clinical negligence claims.
Suleikha has worked on a variety of cases including catastrophic brain injury claims, cerebral palsy claims, meningitis and misdiagnosis claims. She has also acted for a number of men who have suffered testicular torsion as a result of misdiagnosis and women who have suffered gynaecological injury. She has successfully concluded a number of claims arising from the death of a loved one for bereaved families
Suleikha’s experience includes:
- Obtaining an apology, assurances that changes had been made and compensation following failures in care that led to stillbirth of baby boy at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Securing compensation for a man who suffered testicular torsion which was misdiagnosed at Queen’s Hospital, Romford
- Obtaining compensation for the family of a man who died as a result of a delay in referral and diagnosis of colorectal cancer by his GP and Homerton Hospital.
- Successfully settling a claim for a woman who was left incontinent following a negligent episiotomy performed at Musgrove Hospital, Taunton
- Obtaining a significant sum of compensation to secure the future care needs of a 16-year-old girl following the failure by her GP to diagnose meningococcal septicaemia.
- Helping to secure an eight figure sum of compensation for a nine year old girl who suffered severe brain damage during a forceps delivery at West Middlesex Hospital
Suleikha studied law at Queen Mary, University of London. She is a member of AvMA and an Accredited APIL Litigator. Suleikha is also a committee member of the Association of Women Solicitors London and Black Women in Law (BWIL). She is currently BWIL’s secretary.