- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Defence against Money Laundering Offences
If you, your company or a member of your staff have been accused of committing a money laundering offence, you should speak to a solicitor for legal advice as soon as possible. A prosecution for money laundering can lead to very severe punishments and sanctions.
Our business crime team has defended businesses of all kinds, as well as individuals, against money laundering charges, and our expertise in this area is unrivalled among business solicitors.
Contact our business crime solicitors today and we can discuss your situation in more detail. If you or your company is subject to investigation, we will move quickly to defend you. We offer a free initial consultation for all money laundering cases. Call us now on 0800 652 5559 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will call you back promptly.
Money laundering is the process of hiding the true source of cash and other assets obtained through criminal activity. The definition of money laundering in the UK is wider than many other places and businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for money laundering if handling the proceeds of crime.
Not all money laundering cases involve cash - prosecutions can be made relating to other assets and there is no minimum monetary value.
If you have been accused of money laundering, our solicitors can help by:
- Gathering all the evidence obtained by investigating bodies
- Speaking to witnesses to get full and frank statements
- Consulting with external professionals, such as accountants and auditors
- Explaining all your options in a clear and concise manner
Legislation Related to Money Laundering
There is a number of pieces of legislation concerning money laundering offences that are enforceable in the UK. These include:
- The Terrorism Act
- The Proceeds of Crime Act
- The Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act
- The Serious Organised Crime and Police Act
- Specific Money Laundering Regulations
- Unexplained Wealth Orders (UWO)
The police, HM Revenue and Customs and the Serious Fraud Office all have comprehensive powers to investigate cases of suspected money laundering. We can defend you if you’re being investigated by any investigative body.
Why Choose JMW?
We have represented clients throughout the UK, including Manchester and London. We are non-judgemental, thorough and will passionately fight your corner. Our aim is to provide the best defence possible and, thanks to our years of experience in this area of law, we have a high success rate in this type of case.
Partner and Head of Department
Business Crime, Regulation & Driving Offences