- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Trust Disputes Advice
Trusts are typically implemented to protect a person’s assets and to help them to dictate their wishes regarding their assets and who should benefit from them. Trust disputes can arise for a variety of reasons and JMW helps to represent both trustees and beneficiaries and aim to bring any dispute to a swift and fair conclusion.
Trust litigation is increasingly common and the disputes can be highly sensitive. Our experts regularly advise on the following types of cases:
- Challenges to the validity of trusts
- Variation of trusts
- Applications for directions in relation to the administration of a trust
- Applications for declarations as to constructions of a trust
- Applications for the removal of trustees
- Contested wills
- Breach of duty allegations
- Challenges from a dissatisfied beneficiary
- Professional negligence claims against trustees regarding:
- Estate administration
- Breach of trustee statutory duties emanating from the Trustee Act 2000
- An unauthorised or wrong investment
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Applications to the court for directions
- Benjamin orders
- Re Yorke applications
How JMW Can Help
Our trust dispute legal experts act using a variety of funding arrangements to determine the best way to make a successful claim for you. We have wide-ranging experience in wills and probate matters that allows us to act for any party involved with a trust dispute.
We aim for an amicable solution and will engage in alternative dispute resolutions to minimise further disputes between parties, where applicable.
Acting for both trustees or beneficiaries, our solicitors will make sure that assets are being handled and distributed in the right way.