- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Data Protection Solicitors for Business
Achieving compliance with data protection regulations is an essential priority for any business. With legislation in this area becoming ever more complex, JMW Solicitors can provide your business with the expert guidance you need to put the right security measures in place.
Our London-based team of data protection solicitors are well-informed on all aspects of data usage law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We will provide you with pragmatic advice on how to prevent data breaches and exercise due diligence in all of your business activities.
For expert legal advice on data protection and security matters, call JMW’s London-based data management solicitors on 0203 675 7600, or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back at your convenience.
How JMW Can Help
The advent of GDPR and related data protection regulations have made it more important than ever before for businesses to guarantee the security of their data assets. Failure to do so can result in massive operational losses, regulatory penalties, and a tarnished reputation.
The data protection solicitors at JMW have considerable expertise in helping businesses from various sectors to plan and account for a wide range of potential data protection issues, including:
- Data security policies - helping companies to develop robust standards of practice in terms of data protection
- Regulatory compliance - ensuring businesses are aware of the latest laws and are ready to demonstrate their compliance
- Subject access requests - putting measures in place for businesses to respond when individuals request access to their personal data
- Crisis management - assisting companies in responding effectively and proportionately when a data breach or security issue arises
- Support for data protection officers - providing legal support for clients’ in-house data protection teams
- Data protection training - helping businesses to train their staff on essential data protection requirements
We have worked with small and large businesses, as well as public sector organisations and charities, to help them understand their obligations under GDPR and the Data Protection Act, and to provide training and support for those responsible for upholding these standards.
JMW has experience in helping corporate clients to develop a tailored and responsive legal framework for data protection, security, and access, in line with the latest best-practice standards. We understand the complexities involved in data protection compliance and the costs associated with data breaches and will support you in developing a solution that works for your business.
COVID 19 - Tips on Safe Remote Working
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 our data management team have compiled a guide on tips to keep your business safe whilst remote working. You can can read our guide here.