Media and Reputation Management
For any business, building and protecting a hard-earned reputation is vital to the continued success and longevity of your business. In a post-digital era, digital technology is no longer an add-on but a central component of any business. Many businesses utilise several online platforms, including their own website and social media accounts, or online review platforms to promote brand awareness and their goods or services. A business may find that its brand and consumer base reach a global basis.
As well as the many benefits that online platforms bring to businesses in being able to connect with consumers and increase brand awareness, a business may find itself, or its directors and employees, at the centre of a reputation management crisis or its brand under attack. This type of situation risks your hard-earned reputation being lost or severely damaged in an instant, so it is vital to seek legal advice immediately.
To speak to a member of JMW’s Media and Reputation Management team if your or your business’s reputation are under attack, contact our solicitors today by calling 0345 872 6666, or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back.
How Can JMW Help Your Business?
At JMW, our media and reputation management lawyers understand that these situations require quick and clear legal advice of the options available to safeguard your businesses’ reputation. Our team is experienced in providing legal advice in what can often be a rapidly developing situation, and our team works collaboratively with clients to consider the legal options and commercial risks.
Our Media and Reputation Management lawyers can assist you in dealing with both pre and post publication advice, including dealing with:
- Investigative journalism enquiries related to your business or personal affairs
- Postings on social media platforms including online negative reviews
- Threats to publish intimate or confidential information or defamatory allegations, including the misuse of confidential information by a former employee
We can also advise you on obligations under data protection law, whether that be responding to a data subject access request or a potential attack upon your systems that host personal data.
The Media and Reputation Management team can also support you in developing your brand. Our team works closely with our Intellectual Property team, and regularly advises clients on registering and enforcing trade marks, advertising guidelines, developing relationships with advertisers or influencers, and protecting and defending your intellectual property rights.
As a full service law firm, we work collaboratively with our commercial litigation, crime, regulatory, employment and intellectual property teams to ensure that you receive advice that is personalised to your requirements and enables you to make informed decisions to protect your business.
Our media lawyers regularly handle a wide range of reputation management and media law issues for clients, including:
- Pre-publication and post-publication
- Crisis reputation management, including defamation and privacy complaints ranging from:
- The removal of damaging online reviews
- Preventing the publication of defamatory material by a newspaper
- Providing advice to a business on how to handle allegations of misconduct in the workplace
- Advising a business that may find itself under increased media scrutiny where its best practices are under regulatory investigation
- Obtaining or defending urgent injunctive relief
- Defamation and malicious falsehood claims
- Obtaining court restrictions in ongoing or anticipated court proceedings
- Protecting your confidential information and intellectual property rights, including preparing non-disclosure agreements or licensing agreements, or dealing with breach of confidence claims, such as misuse of your confidential information by a former employee
- Harassment, including tackling anonymous online ‘trolls’ and cyber security
- Advising on obligations under data protection legislation, including providing advice on a potential or actual data breach of your reporting obligations to the Information Commissioner's Office, or responding to a data subject access request
- Marketing and advertising law
Talk to Us
At JMW, we will listen to your needs and build a strategy around your objectives to ensure that we are able to secure the best possible outcome for you. Whatever your needs, you should speak to a specialist solicitor who can advise you on the options available to protect your brand’s reputation and minimise any damage that may already have occurred.
Find out more about how our Media and Reputation Management solicitors can protect your reputation by getting in touch today. You can call us on 0345 872 6666, or complete our online enquiry form to arrange a call back at your convenience.