- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Separation and divorce are usually heart-breaking for children and parents.
Children will remember for life the circumstances of the separation/divorce, and how their parents managed it.
The majority of separating parents need no help in agreeing what is the best future for their children (where and with whom they live, the time that they spend with each parent and important changes such as education).
When there are disagreements, they are often intense.
When we are asked to help families who are unable to agree, we do so recognising the important role that we play, and the often indelible imprint of our advice on the family as a whole.
We represent mothers and fathers attempting to achieve an outcome, which is in the best interests of their children. Inevitably, some parents find this hard to agree on. Although the court system encourages alternative means of resolving disputes (Conciliation, Mediation, Arbitration) we are often found fighting our client's corner, something that we have a national and international reputation for doing.
Long experience has taught us that neither we nor our clients can always manage this difficult exercise alone, so we have built a trusted and supportive network with some of the very best professionals in the therapeutic community, who work with us and our clients to obtain the best outcome in each case.
We guide our client's through the following:
- Where children live post separation (which parent, which town, which country)
- How children’s time is split between their parents' homes
- Time spent with wider family
- Which school to go for
- What medical treatment is appropriate
- The challenges of addiction for children in separation
- The management and containment of parents with psychological difficulties or personality disorders
We specialise in the everyday and the difficult, the national and international arrangements and disputes concerning children.
- Representing parents in dispute over the wish to relocate their children to another part of England (Internal Relocation).
- Re B (Children) EWCA Civ 1302 International relocation to Abu Dhabi.
- Representing parents in dispute over the potential relocation of their children by the other parent to Abu Dhabi, Australia, Denmark, Dubai, France, Israel, North America, Switzerland, Canada, Monaco (International Relocation).
- Representing mothers who have moved their children from another country without the permission of the father or local court. (UAE, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
- Representing parents with the management of post separation arrangements for their children where the following are featured:
- Personality disorders, particularly Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Parental alienation
- Mental health issues
- Controlling and coercive behaviour
- Supporting mediation and arbitration processes for the resolution of disputes between parents, regarding the post separation arrangements for their children (In England and abroad).
Please follow the specific links below
- Child Arrangements
- Children, Separation and Financial Arrangements
- International Children, Relocation and Abduction
Talk to us
If you require further information or advice from our team of expert family lawyers, please contact a member of our team or call us on +44 (0) 203 002 5833 Alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.