- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Farms and Divorce
Over the past 30 years we have, through direct experience both in and out of court, gained a strong understanding of the needs of the farming community when it comes to marriage breakdown, or pre-marital planning.
Our strengths are based on:
- Wide, first-hand experience of representing farming families on marriage breakdown.
- A real willingness to get our feet dirty visiting our clients on site from the start, in order to gain an understanding of what exactly we may have to fight about.
- An expertise in the law as it is applied to those involved in agriculture, horticulture and rural land ownership.
- Strong relationships with other professionals to support our clients through the divorce process; land valuers, live and deadstock, as well as farms as going concerns, planning, tax and accounting experts.
Our experience is national and international; we have direct experience of advising and representing the following:
- A multi-million turnover Fruit farm over multiple sites, with its own extensive cold store and packing facility.
- A Stud farm owned by a former world famous jockey.
- Probably the last great, multi-generational Hop farm in England.
- An African Fruit farming and processing facility.
- An African Game Park.
- An Australian Olive grower.
- A large Organic Dairy farmer.
- One of the largest Dairy farmers in the South East of England.
- US Ranch owning families (Montana and Texas).
- A US Stud farm (Massachusetts).
- A number of farming families that had diversified their land and property use.
- Farming families where the development potential of their land played a central role.
- Farm Shops.
- Owners of Garden Centres.
- An Australian Vineyard.
We also regularly advise the farming community on the post and prenuptial agreements that can be used to secure inter-generational ownership of land and farms.
We work closely with our Private Client and Tax team to structure the present and future ownership of farming enterprises.
Talk to us
If you require further information or advice from our team of expert family lawyers, please contact a member of our team or call us on +44 (0) 203 002 5833 Alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.