- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law Solicitors
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes Solicitors
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Family
Sohinni is a Senior Associate in the family team and, like Philip Cooper, joined JMW from Ketley Miller Joels.
Described in the Legal 500 as "a driven and focused young lawyer whose work ethic and attention to detail is outstanding", Sohinni has particular experience in complex financial remedy claims involving high-value assets, family trusts and interveners.
Sohinni, like the rest of the team, advises on the full range of Family matters from asset division upon separation to advising parents to resolve disputes regarding their children. She was involved in the leading Court of Appeal case, (Re B (A Child) (Habitual Residence) (Inherent Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 886) which then went to the Supreme Court (In the matter of B (A child)  UKSC 4) in 2017
Her recent experience includes:
- Securing a 'Part III' financial settlement on behalf of a Wife following an overseas divorce in a high net worth case with marital assets valued at £38m;
- Advising and representing a father in Children Act Proceedings in which sexual abuse allegations had been made against him and successfully securing contact time for him with the child of the family;
- Securing Jurisdiction in England and Wales in divorce proceedings for an international client on the basis of the Husband's domicile;
- Successfully securing a financial award for the benefit of a child following the separation of her unmarried parents to include private school fees and an allowance for Mother; and
- advising and representing a British television writer and producer in respect of pre-nuptial agreement and then ensuring that the agreement was upheld when challenged by his spouse.
Sohinni is fluent in Gujarati, has provided live professional views on family law for BBC Asian Network and written a number of articles which have been published online and in the Family Law Journal.