- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Corporate and Commercial
Stephen Heath is a specialist Sports and Media Lawyer
In addition to over 20 years in private practice Stephen has held high profile in-house positions in the Sports Industry including Racing UK, Frank Warren’s Sports Network and recently Leeds United Football Club. Stephen is currently General Counsel to Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions Limited and Black Castle Sports Management Limited.
Stephen has specialist experience of multi territory media rights agreements particularly broadcasting and sponsorship rights. Recent matters have included the rights agreements for Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder, assisting BT with a Blocking Order against Pirate streams, and Oliver Rowland driver contract with Williams Formula One.
In private practice Stephen uses his legal expertise to protect client’s reputations and commercial interests including image rights. For example Stephen acted for Didi Hamman to resolve a twitter dispute with Joey Barton.
Stephen provides representation and advocacy in sporting tribunal proceedings including FA Rule K, EFL disciplinary proceedings, Sports Resolutions Doping Control, Boxing Board of Control proceedings and Employment Tribunal proceedings. He represents Clubs, players and agents as well as disputes with governing bodies.
Stephen has had conduct of include high profile disputes in the High Court and other forums with professional clubs and sponsorship agreements, kit supply agreements, agent disputes, injunctions and ownership disputes. Other key matters have included player/agent, player/club and Boxer/Promoter disputes.
Clients past and present include:
- Sports Promoters Frank Warren Promotions, Queensberry Promotions
- Football Agents, KMA, First 11 Sports and several others.
- Black Castle Sports Management Limited
- Racing Drivers George Russell, Oliver Rowland, Lando Norris
- Phone hacking victims
- Professional Boxers – Amir Khan, Joe Calzaghe, Billy Joe Saunders,
- Professional Rugby Players – Keith Senior, Chev Walker, Glen Morrison
- Rugby League Clubs – Hull KR, Bradford Bulls, , Huddersfield Giants
- Pro Footballers and Clubs – Leeds United ,Swansea City, Sunderland, Didi Hamman, Tom Cleverley, Scott Dann, Victor Anichebe, Leigh Bromby, Chris Morgan
- Sports and Media Broadcasters – Racing UK, Fitness TV, Seconds Out , Frankwarren.TV, Boxnation
His personal hobbies include golf (handicap 3), keyboard, mountain biking and walking with his Airedale Terriers.