- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Head of Department
Hojol joined JMW in May 2017 as Head of Motoring and is one of the leading experts in driving offences in England and Wales.
He has extensive experience in all motoring offences with particular niche expertise in evidentially and legally complicated cases relating to dangerous driving, careless driving, (including death cases) drink driving, drug driving and speeding offences.
Hojol represents all members of the public and is a very approachable individual and can assist you in any driving related issues you have, that are at the Police station, Magistrates, Crown Court, Court of Appeal or High Court. His approach is unique, very direct advising clients and tailors it to his client’s requirements.
Hojol deals with so many cases that not every one can be listed or explained. However, if your case does not fall in any of the below, then contact Hojol directly and no doubt he will be in a position to assist.
1) R (on application of Andrea Hughes) v Macclesfield Magistrates’ Court  EWHC 3993 (Admin) - Judicial review in which the defendant’s conviction for drink driving was quashed in the High Court as she had been refused an adjournment to obtain medical evidence relating to “post alcohol consumption”.
2) R v S Trafford Magistrates Court Drink Driving - One of Highest Recorded Readings in UK - 197 in breath – Result Suspended Sentence
3) R v V Worcester Crown Court Drink Driving – Duress of Circumstances and client drove vehicle due to injuries suffered – Result Appeal Successful
4) R v B York Magistrates Court Dangerous Driving – Road Rage Incident from other driver (prosecuted for careless driving) and Crown Prosecute our client for Dangerous Driving – Result - Not Guilty after Trial
5) R v P Metropolitan Police Death by Dangerous Driving – Result - No Further Action
What Our Clients Say
Mr. C Manchester, Excess Speed
I thank you for all your expertise on my case Hojol. Initially I thought I could do this myself but, I soon realised that I would need someone with the right expertise. I therefore contacted my colleagues within the finance and insurance industry and Hojol's name cropped up a few times. I therefore gave him a call, and although my case had limited notice for him (my fault) he was able to adjourn the matter and ensure it was listed on a date I was in a position to attend. Once the case came before the Court, I was so nervous as my licence was my life. He fought for me in Court under intense examination by the Justices and the Prosecution and thankfully I kept my licence. I can now continue to work and support my family. Thanks Hojol.
Mrs. C Oxfordshire, Excess Speed
I cannot thank Hojol enough, and I am so glad that I was referred his details. I thought that I would lose my licence due to the speed I was travelling along with the number of penalty points on my licence. He prepared the case thoroughly and when the matter went before the Court, everyone who was in the Court prior to me was disqualified from driving. I thought that I was going to lose it. Hojol supported me throughout this whole traumatic experience from the initial phone call to the date in Court. I have a large family and run a business and the loss of my licence would have had devastating consequences. Thank you again Hojol, you were exceptional.
Mr. NT Central London, Dangerous Driving
I have worked with Hojol both in a professional and personal capacity. Hojol has previously provided trustworthy, reliable and prompt advice on a range of motoring related issues whilst covering our company fleet. His expert knowledge is exemplary, a true specialist in his field who has the tenacity and gravitas to take on the toughest of cases. I have no hesitation in recommending Hojol.
Ms CT Warwickshire, Dangerous Driving and Drink Driving
Hojol was an attentive professional both sensitive to our situation yet honest. He did as he said he would, in a timely fashion and always made us feel safely represented and well informed. Hojol put himself out to meet with us, although we were geographically outside of his working location. I would strongly recommend Hojol and wish him every success, which I am confident he will achieve as he is driven, positive, professional and personable.