- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Personal Injury
Clare joined JMW in September 2018 in the catastrophic injury team.
Clare has significant experience in representing injured servicemen and women in a wide range of military claims. She has particular expertise in relation to:
- Serious and life changing injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, blast injuries and amputations;
- Non-Freezing Cold Injuries;
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Claims;
- Criminal Injuries Compensation (Overseas) Scheme claims;
- Cases involving combat immunity;
- Inquest Representation.
Key cases include:
- Pilot A - £7.2 million settlement for severe traumatic brain injury
- Castlemartin Inquest – inquest into the death of 2 servicemen who died following an explosion of a Challenger 2 tank during live firing training in June 2017.
- Brecon Beacon Inquest – inquest into the death 3 soldiers who died of heat exhaustion following SAS selection test in the Brecon Beacons in July 2013.
- Lynx Helicopter inquest – inquest into the death of 5 servicemen who died when their aircraft went down in Afghanistan in April 2014.
- Clare has been described by the Legal 500 as:
"Clare Stevens is fantastic with clients and is excellent at guiding them through the complexities of personal injury litigation and inquests………enormously experienced on military claims and can handle the most demanding clients really well".
Blog Posts by Clare Stevens
22nd September 2020
17th September 2018