- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Bribery and Corruption Defence
If you or your business are under investigation, have been arrested, invited for a voluntary interview, charged or face proceedings for any allegations relating to bribery and / or corruption, our specialist team at JMW can provide the expert advice, assistance and representation that you need.
With bribery and / or corruption investigations and proceedings, it is vital that you seek legal help as soon as possible. Whether it is brought by the Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency or an overseas agency, our dedicated team can assist with:
- Attending and responding to dawn raids;
- Production, restraint and freezing orders;
- Preparation and attending for interviews under caution;
- Preparing representations, negotiating on your behalf or taking legal challenges pre-charge;
- Representation during all criminal proceedings;
- Building and preparing a successful defence case;
- Securing the best possible outcome.
We have successfully defended and advised individuals, business owners, directors and high-level individuals in alleged bribery and corruption investigations and also internal investigations.
We can also provide compliance advice and training to ensure that businesses and their employees or agents operate in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010. This can help ensure that your company is compliant and has put in place safeguards to prevent potential breaches.
Our specialist and dedicated team are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. For more information about our specialist legal services, either call us on 0800 652 5559 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of the team will give you a call back as soon as possible.
How JMW Can Help
As the sentences for bribery and / or corruption crimes can be severe - those found guilty are at risk of prison sentences of up to a decade, as well as hefty fines - you need to find the right legal team as quickly as possible.
At JMW, our specialist team of bribery and corruption solicitors are at the ready to provide you with tactical advice and practical steps to help you challenge any investigation. We know that an allegation of bribery or corruption can put your reputation on the line, and so we are proactive and act fast to secure a successful outcome.
The types of bribery and corruption charges that we can assist you with include:
- Extortion (when someone demands cash payment or other assets and threatens harm if these demands are not met)
- Bribes or Kickbacks (when a reward is given to secure business)
- Corporate espionage (theft of trade secrets and intellectual property)
- Illegal gratuities (giving or receiving payback after a business transaction)
Renowned for our professionalism and our commitment to working as efficiently as possible at all times, we will guide you through the process from start to finish, delivering our expertise every step of the way.
The UK Bribery Act: A Guide For Companies
The UK Bribery Act came into effect on 1 July 2011, requiring companies to make a change in the way that they operate. The act is wide-ranging, covering issues such as public and private corruption and not allowing for facilitation payments.
To find out more about the act, and how it could affect your business, visit our Bribery Act guide for companies here.
Partner and Head of Department
Business Crime, Regulation & Driving Offences