- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
What Our Clients Say
Mr D, CEO, North West
“… From the very first meeting until the last, you and your team have worked tirelessly to ensure that we get the best possible outcome given the serious nature of the allegations that I faced..."
“Your detailed, thorough and methodical approach during the course of the investigation not only ensured that the prosecution were unable to hide behind their disclosure obligations but that their investigatory failings were exposed. This constant pressure for disclosure by you and your team resulted in numerous trials collapsing and a prosecution plea bargain eventually being secured…Your access to leading experts also proved that my situation could not have been avoided...As a family it has been a torturous two years but the fact that you believed in me and continued to fight my corner gave me the strength to keep going and I can’t thank you (and your team) enough. The fact that I am in a position to write this recommendation today is the biggest testament to your hard work and dedication…”
Rachel Fletcher handled my case personally from beginning to end making herself available both by phone and email. It was really refreshing that I didn't need to speak to anyone else because she handled everything. Rachel was courteous, professional and realistic with her advice making sure that I was kept abreast of all possible outcomes. She had different strategies that came with recommendations and the one she recommended was a winner. I'm a very happy customer and would recommend Rachel and JMW to anyone requiring legal assistance. Thank you.
Ms W, Money Laundering
"Sam Healey got me through the worst time of my life when I found myself fighting a criminal case for money laundering. Good communication , attention to detail , forward thinking and every inch the professional , Sam worked hard to fight my case with an excellent result. I got my life back. I would highly recommend Sam to anyone caught up in financial crime..."
"I was arrested in 2014 and my case came to court 3 years later in 2017. As a first offender with no knowledge of legal matters nor court proceedings I found myself in the worrying position of not knowing who would best represent me in the specialist field of " Business Crime and Regulation ". With an uncertain future I needed the best representation I could find.
1) I turned to the Internet to find out more about Sam Healey of JMW Solicitors who was recommended , amongst others , to represent me and challenge HMRC who had brought a Money Laundering case against me. The penalty for this type of crime cannot be underestimated. A custodial sentence and the confiscation of your assets comes as a huge shock. The possible loss of your assets and home require very careful consideration of representation at a time when you are least able to cope with your arrest . Sam Healey's internet profile gave me the advantage of selecting him , above others , to have the expertise to represent me .
2) At my request , Sam Healey and I were able to conduct the majority of my case using email . Important documents were scanned between us. This allowed me to travel abroad and reduce the time commuting to JMW Solicitors in Manchester during the 3 year period it took to bring my case to court. I had access to fast communication between us , phone access and fewer conference meetings with him and my barrister. This essentially allowed me to continue to live a reasonable quality of life during the long 3 year period it took to bring my case before the Manchester Crown Court.
3) Sam Healey's ability to explain complex legal situations to me in simple terms and keep me informed of progress with my case are expected by the client. I was not disappointed by him in this area. I can't emphasise this part of client / solicitor work understanding enough. It is essential for the client to feel his / her Solicitor is always fighting their corner and this two way communication confirms that.
4) Legal Aid supported , I had Sam Healey (a Senior Associate with JMW ) , together with my barrister, fighting my corner on the day of sentencing and this was essential to help me through this traumatic day. Although throughout my case some work was passed to other less qualified legal personnel in the team I came to realise that Sam Healey was always aware of my case. Essential for my peace of mind.
5) On the day of sentencing Sam Healey had the forethought to request the Judge consider the apportioning of CPS court costs against me in relation to my co-accused. The result of this was that the Judge gave consideration to the extent that I only had to pay a small 9% of the total costs due to my only having one count against me and the majority counts were against my co-accused. This resulted in a payment of £400 ( plus a victim surcharge of £100 ) instead of £2000 ( 50% apportioned of the costs ) that had to be paid by me personally within 6 months following the closure of my criminal court case. There are always hidden costs that are not covered by Legal Aid and it takes a responsible Solicitor to protect you where he / she can from these surprises. Sam Healey looks out for you in this area.
6) Sam Healey also represents clients with Motoring Offences which is worth noting. I had the misfortune to have my SORN , uninsured car stolen from my home address where it was securely garaged and stored at the close of my case. HMRC give a press release at the conclusion of your case and reveal information regarding the area you reside in which gives an open invitation to thrives to target your home. Sam was quickly able to give me advice as to what I was legally required to do in reporting the theft to the police and DVLA. Although the car has never been recovered , you as the owner must protect your responsibilities regarding your ownership of the car to remain within the law.
7) Although I have still to go through court to fight confiscation proceedings , levied against me by HMRC which will take me into 2018 , Sam Healey's excellent result of a one year suspended sentence , with no conditions attached , have given me my life back and give me strength to face my uncertain financial future at the age of 69 years.
8) Sam Healey's handling of my case gives me the confidence to recommend JMW Solicitors as a first class Legal Company to handle complex cases to those everyday legal matters. The Company is sited in the heart of Manchester , a five minute walk to the Manchester Law Courts and easy access to Barrister Chambers , Saint John Street."
Peter Grogan receives more great feedback.
"I began my search for a solicitor by using a search engine online, after contacting a few of these I made my decision to work with JMW...
"This was down to their welcoming, helpful advice from the very beginning. Mr Grogan gave me his personal telephone number and was in contact with me on a frequent basis informing me of the progress of my case. Even better still, he advised me on what he thought would be best suitable for my case and I have to say I am very happy with all of his advice as my case was dropped before attending court. I would recommend JMW solicitors and will certainly purchase their services again if necessary".
I would just like to thank Sam Healey once again for his services. I really couldn't believe the outcome as I expected the worst. If it wasn't for his understanding and hard work it would have been allot worse. I would recommend anyone to use Sam.
Mr G, Manchester
I just wanted to say thank you for providing an excellent service from start to finish. The job could not have been done any better! Please pass the message onto David, he did a fine job today and I am very grateful to you both.
Mr J, Yorkshire
Sam is every inch the professional, and showed tenacity, effort and attention to detail throughout my case. Words cannot express how relieved I felt at the conclusion of the matter, and the outcome was indeed as Sam had advised at the outset. Anyone who knows the pressure and nightmare of a criminal charge absolutely needs balance, balance of commitment, right choices, dedication to the cause and the client and the power and ability to stay the course.
Sam never flinched from the objective of truth and fact, and without doubt his time and effort paid off. Sincerely I can only say thank you to Sam, and my recommendation would be given without reservation.
Mr R, Lancashire businessman facing totting-up disqualification
Peter, I wanted to thank you once again for this afternoon. I have absolutely no idea what you said to the prosecution but it obviously worked out well for us!As you may have noticed, I was quite shocked with that outcome as it really isn't how I expected it to go at all.Your experience in these cases shows - I had chosen well!Many thanks for your work.
Mr and Mrs W
Thank you for the good news delivered via your letter. As you know, we felt that this was a case that should never have been brought. The whole experience from start to finish was very stressful.
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your expert handling of the matter and your sympathetic approach to our situation. We would heartily recommend your company to any individual or organisation needing services that you offer. Many, many thanks
Mr P, Client facing confiscation enforcement proceedings
It felt like Evan was the only person fighting to keep me out of custody.
Mr KP, a client facing money laundering charges
It was clear from my first conversation with Evan that he grasped the points when previous solicitors had been beating around the bush.
Peter is an excellent solicitor, if asked to recommend a solicitor to a friend in trouble, I would not hesitate to recommend Peter. He is conciousness, bright and personable. He recognises the issues in a case very quickly and provides an excellent service in his ability to address those issues. His client care skills are second to none.
Mr R, Managing Director
A quick note to express my thanks for your advice in regard my recent traffic troubles.I will not hasten to recommend you to others, and if I am in need to any legal guidance as the company grows, I will look to you first.
Peter Grogan was enormously helpful at a very stressful time. He was extremely easy to talk to, and provided both reassurance and practical advice. He followed up our telephone conversations with an emailed summary of the relevant law, which was greatly appreciated. I have no hesitation in recommending his work.