Flexible Working

Want to know who has the right to flexible working? The employment law solicitors at JMW regularly provide legal advice to both employers and employees on all aspects of flexible working.

For further information about the comprehensive service our lawyers offer, or simply to learn more about flexible working law, contact us on 0345 872 6666 or fill in our online enquiry form.

Who has the right to Flexible Working?

Employment law places no restrictions on who can ask their employer for a flexible working arrangement, but it does provide some employees with a statutory right to request flexible working.

Employees who have worked for their employer for 26 weeks or more and have not made an application for flexible working in the previous 12 months have a right to request an arrangement if:

  • They are responsible for a child under the age of 17 or a disabled child under 18 who receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
  • They are applying for the care of a child.
  • They are a carer, caring for a partner, spouse or relative who lives at the same address.

Employers are required by employment law to seriously consider any application for flexible working made by an individual who fulfills the above criteria.

Talk to Us

Whether you are an employer or an employee, speak to one of the experienced flexible working solicitors at JMW for legal advice and guidance regarding the UK’s flexible working laws. Call 0345 872 6666 or fill in our online enquiry form for more information.

Let us contact you

View our Privacy Policy

Planning to Mitigate
Employment Law and Tax Risk

Areas of Interest