Amputation Negligence Claims
If you have undergone an amputation that was required because of mistakes made by a medical professional, our solicitors can help you to claim compensation. We understand the trauma you have likely experienced and are here to guide you throughout the legal process.
Learning to live with the loss of a limb is extremely difficult, but those caused by medical negligence are even harder to deal with, which is why we will work tirelessly to ensure that you have compensation to help you rebuild your life.
Where appropriate, we are able to handle amputation negligence claims on a no win, no fee basis.
Our solicitors are always ready to handle your case in the most sensitive manner. Contact us today by calling 0345 872 6666, or complete an online contact form and one of our solicitors will be in touch.
How JMW Can Help
Our solicitors are here to help if you have had a limb amputated as a result of medical negligence. We have helped many clients who have required amputation due to:
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Incorrect care of diabetes
- Untreated/mistreated infections
- Surgical errors
- Delayed treatment of an infection
- Poor management of peripheral neuropathy in diabetic patients
- Incorrect treatment of fractures causing tissue damage
If you speak to our expert solicitors about your experiences, we can help you to determine the next steps of your case.
Headed by leading clinical negligence solicitor Eddie Jones, our team is widely regarded as one of the best of its kind in England and Wales. JMW has many years of experience in handling amputation and loss of limb claims, securing many significant settlements in cases of medical negligence.
Our team includes lawyers who are members of the Law Society’s specialist panel for clinical negligence and the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) solicitors’ panel.
- How long will my claim take?
It is difficult to predict exactly how long the claims process will take, as this will depend on the extent of your injuries and the circumstances of the incident. Speaking to our solicitors will give you a general idea of the timeframes involved. We will guide you throughout the claims process and help you every step of the way.
- Can I make a claim on a no win, no fee basis?
At the start of your case, we will discuss funding options with you, advising on which we think is the most suitable. In most cases, we can provide no win, no fee representation, which involves setting up an insurance policy that will protect you in the event that your claim is unsuccessful.
- Any compensation you receive after suffering from amputations negligence can be used to:
- Purchase better quality prosthetic limbs
- Access rehabilitation and therapy
- Purchase specialist equipment, such as a modified vehicle
- Adapt your home or move to new accommodation
- Replace lost earnings and provide future financial security