- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor London Corp. Recovery and Insolvency
Philippa joined JMW London office in May 2019 and is an Associate Solicitor in the Corporate Recovery & Insolvency Department.
Philippa focuses on corporate and personal insolvency matters (both contentious and non-contentious), in the context of administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies and other insolvency proceedings, acting for insolvency practitioners, creditors, company directors and private individuals. She is also involved in general commercial litigation cases.
Prior to joining the Corporate Recovery & Insolvency Team, Philippa had experience in both the Property and Property Litigation Departments, which allows her to also advise office-holders in relation to property matters.
Philippa’s experience includes:
- Advising and assisting trustees in bankruptcy in asset realisation claims.
- Advising and assisting trustees in bankruptcy in private examinations of bankrupts.
- Acting for bankrupts in obtaining their bankruptcy annulments.
- Advising office holders in disclaiming onerous properties and the impact of property disclaimers.
- Assisting an administrator in obtaining an administration order with retrospective effect.
- Acting for an administrator in obtaining a possession order under Section 234 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting for companies in obtaining validation orders of transactions.
- Advising and assisting professional clients (i.e. litigation funders and office holders) in claims relating to antecedent transactions.
- Advising and assisting office holders in claims relating to directors’ misfeasance and wrongful trading.
- Assisting a professional client in obtaining committal order for contempt of court (Henderson & Jones –v- Tsimboykas  ChD).
- Acting for institutional clients in debt recoveries and bankruptcy proceedings against debtors.
- Representing directors in director’s disqualification proceedings.
Philippa graduated from the University College London with a bachelor degree in Molecular Biology and completed her GDL and LPC at the University of Law, Moorgate (London). Before qualifying as a Solicitor in July 2017, Philippa worked as a paralegal and completed her training at a commercial law firm based in the City of London.
In her spare time, Philippa has keen interests in horse riding, art and food/cooking.
Philippa is originally from Taiwan and speaks fluent mandarin.