- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Employee Ownership Trusts (EOTs)
Employee Ownership Trusts (EOTs) provide employees with the opportunity to collectively take the controlling stake in a company through a trust arrangement.
As well as providing advantages for the business by incentivising employees, companies and employees can also benefit from significant tax advantages for existing business owners looking to sell part or all of their company.
If you are a business owner interested in transferring some of the shares in your company for the benefit of your employees, you may consider establishing an EOT.
The corporate team at JMW Solicitors is experienced in advising businesses on the legal and commercial issues surrounding employee ownership trusts, providing assistance at each stage of the sale and transition process to ensure that it is completed efficiently, while protecting the interests of all stakeholders.
How JMW Can Help
We have experience advising on implementing the following schemes to create an EOT arrangement:
- Advising on pre-transaction reorganisations or restructuring
- Assisting with the incorporation of the employee ownership trustee
- Drafting the trust deed to set out the way that the trust will be managed
- Drafting the documents to effect the transfer of the shares to the employee ownership trustee
- Drafting constitutional documents to manage the relationship between the trust and the founding shareholders and the company itself going forward
JMW’s corporate team has experience working alongside a number of companies in order to put in place Employee Ownership Trusts. Working alongside your tax advisers, we ensure
that transactions are progressed efficiently and in line with HMRC’s requirements.
Talk to Us
If you are looking for expert support on the legal issues relating to employee ownership trusts, contact JMW today. Simply call us on 0345 872 6666, or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back.