Healthcare has been an expanding sector in recent years, and this will only continue given the ageing population and the demands being placed on higher standards of care in purpose-built facilities.
Our expertise includes:
- Acquisitions and disposals - Acting on acquisitions and disposals of development sites including by way of option agreements and site assembly
- Development - Development of high profile retail and mixed use schemes, office and light industrial
- Promotion and equalisation agreements
- Financing - Acquisition financing and refinancing of retail, office, light industrial and mixed used schemes
- Estate management – All aspects of general portfolio and estate management
- Purchase vehicles – Dealing with complex corporate and joint venture structures involved in ownership
- Construction/Property Disputes - All aspects of dispute resolution, including landlord and tenant disputes
- Landlord and tenant matters - Dealing with leases, licenses to alter, licenses to assign and agreements for lease including all aspects of the onward letting to occupiers and site set-up
Why Choose JMW?
Our real estate commercial team works within residential care, assisted living and medical centres, as well as acting for dental practices.
We have harnessed our development experience to work on a number of residential care home developments, collectively worth in excess of £100 million.
We are here to help with any aspect of healthcare property development. We offer an array of services to ensure all projects run as efficiently as possible, providing guidance throughout the entire process, from initial site enquiries through to advice post-completion and during the warranty period.
We are in a unique position to be able to offer the expertise of a previous in-house real estate commercial solicitor at a national dental practice.
See How We Work for more information about the real estate team and how we can help your business.
How We Work
At JMW, we will build our team around yours, developing a successful partnership through continuity and the very best level of service.
We work closely with other teams within our firm to offer a full suite of legal expertise. We also work with a variety of property professionals across the UK, giving you access to a network of specialists to deliver innovative and effective solutions to satisfy your requirements.
Where appropriate, we can offer flexible and innovative fee structures and fixed fee services. Through the use of new technology, such as cloud based data rooms, we continue to work more efficiently and will develop and implement bespoke solutions to suit your needs.
Constantly striving to add value to our client relationships, we are happy to provide bespoke training to your organisation and will keep you regularly updated on any changes to the law and practice affecting the sector.
Our solicitors will provide the expert guidance you need at every stage. We are here to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible, doing the hard work so that you don't have to.