At JMW, our solicitors understand that letting or renting a property can sometimes be a complicated experience that ends in dispute between tenants and landlords. That's why tenancy agreements are so popular for both owners and tenants.
If you are considering drawing up a tenancy agreement, you will need assistance from experienced solicitors to understand the often complex laws affecting the tenancy and then to draw up a watertight tenancy agreement that best protects your interests.
What is a Tenancy Agreement?
A tenancy agreement is a contract between a landlord and a tenant that governs the terms and conditions of their rental agreement, specifying each party's rights and responsibilities.
There are numerous details that should be included in tenancy agreements, including but not limited to:
- The parties involved
- Start and end date of the tenancy
- Address of the property
- Name and address of landlord
- Amount of rent paid
- Date when rent is paid
- Rules for the tenant
- Additional charges
- The landlord's responsibilities
JMW's Tenancy Agreement Services
Our tenancy agreement lawyers offer a wide range of services in this area of the law, such as:
- General legal advice
- Assistance with drafting of documents
- Advice on breaches of agreements
- Advice on landlord and tenant obligations
- Rent deposits
- Help with claims for dilapidations
- Advice on the process of repossession
- Advice on rent arrears