- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Landlord and Tenant Disputes
If you are a landlord and are having trouble with a tenant, the team at JMW can help. We have the requisite experience to help deal with the individual in the way that benefits you most. We can help to make any process as swift and painless as possible, whether it involves ensuring your problem tenant complies with their tenancy agreement or evicting them following unreasonable behaviour.
To find out more about the services we offer and the options available to you, get in touch today. Do so by either calling us on 0345 872 6666 or by completing our online enquiry form, which will allow us to give you a call back at a time that is convenient for you.
Trying to deal with a problem tenant can be a frustrating and thankless exercise. It can also be extremely serious and can lead to various issues that can negatively impact you, including:
- Being denied access to your property
- Being owed money by your tenant
- Falling into arrears with your mortgage
The relevant laws governing the relationship between landlord and tenant can seem to provide greater protection for problem tenants and place more and more obligations on the landlord. Landlords could find themselves paying out to defend an unwarranted claim, or to recover their property, which could be even more frustrating if a tenant is in receipt of Legal Aid.
Either a breach of obligations or a conflict of interests is usually to blame for a landlord and tenant dispute. This could involve, for example, the tenant falling into arrears with their rent or if they have sub-let part of the property. Expert legal advice is therefore required to make sure the dispute is brought to the right conclusion, and done so quickly.
We offer practical advice, which is backed up by our expert legal knowledge, to ensure you are taking the right course of action with regard to the circumstances of your case.
We offer a full range of services in relation to landlord and tenant matters, including:
- Drafting precedent tenancies, licences and guarantee agreements
- Advice in respect of compliance with relevant laws and statutes, including Tenancy Deposit Schemes and Houses of Multiple Occupation
- Recovery of rent arrears
- Dealing with breaches of covenants, including anti-social behaviour
- Defending disrepair claims
- Preparation and service of notices to quit and notices requiring possession
- Possession proceedings and bailiff evictions
- Eviction of squatters
We are able to assist with a wide range of disputes concerning landlords and tenants and have great experienced in dealing with even the most complex of cases. We will support you every step of the way, offering expert guidance to ensure you are in the best possible position to get the outcome you are after.
We know how disrupting and frustrating it can be to suffer because of a problem tenant. We are in your corner and will do everything in our power to make sure the matter is resolved swiftly and to your satisfaction.
What Our Clients Say
Partner and Head of Department
Real Estate CommercialReal Estate ResidentialReal Estate Finance