- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Trust Disputes Advice
If you are involved in a trust dispute, JMW can help bring to bring a swift, satisfactory conclusion. Trust litigation is becoming increasingly common and we are able to advise on complex and often highly sensitive disputes.
If you would like to speak to one of our trust dispute solicitors to discuss your situation and to find out more about how we can help, get in touch today. Either call us on 0345 872 6666 or complete our online enquiry form and we will give you a call back.
How We Can Help Trustees
Our estate and trust litigation lawyers have vast experience across a wide range of trust and probate issues, and we can assist you in dealing with a variety of actions in a proficient and cost-effective manner. Our team aims to avoid disputes among family members and we will engage in Alternative Dispute Resolution in order to arrive at an amicable solution.
However, when diplomacy fails, litigation may become necessary. The types of litigation and disputes on which our team regularly advise include:
- Challenges to the validity of trusts
- Variation of trusts
- Applications for directions in relation to the administration of a trust
- Applications for declarations as to constructions of a trust
- Applications for the removal of trustees
- Challenges from a dissatisfied beneficiary
- Professional negligence claims against trustees regarding:
- Estate administration
- Breach of trustee statutory duties emanating from the Trustee Act 2000
- An unauthorised or wrong investment
- Contested wills
- Breach of duty allegations
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Applications to the court for directions
- Re Benajmin orders
- Re Yorke applications
Why Choose JMW?
Our team of specialist trust dispute solicitors is headed by David Bondt and we have the expertise to resolve disagreements as quickly as possible. We are able to act for our clients under a number of different funding arrangements. These range from privately funded to conditional fee agreements or third party loans; we can work with our clients to determine the most appropriate way to fund their claims.